CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 3:05:42 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

Fantastic tasting notes, thanks for sharing. Will have to go to Gramercy on my next trip to WW.

When is a 5 a.m. flight not evil?

Fair. Thought we wanted to get east and skip red eye, but next time clearly we just need to sort out an extra day off.

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 181
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 3:51:01 PM   
fingers

Skifree is right... yeoman's effort on the notes, Mike. Much appreciated.

That was a fanatastic day and night, and I only wish I had mingled more with my CT buddies that I only know from your handles (name badges would have been a good idea!) But what a treat to be seated next to the completely engaging and magnanimous Stephen and Mary Robertson for dinner. The conversation was every bit as enjoyable as the wine, which is hard to imagine with that lineup.

It was over way too quick, which is always the sign of a great performance. Scott, you are da’ man and you done Brad right. Please let Lesley know how special it was to have her there with the group.

Thanks again, everyone. It was a blast!

Bob

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 182
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 4:59:46 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

We had a great weekend. Really enjoyed seeing CT friends and making new connections with names faces and handles. Too many to name every one, but fasteddie is indeed deceptively fast, and I blame him for all the magnums and larger bottles ending up on our table throughout dinner.

We only visited Rasa and Rotie wineries, and spent much of the rest of our time exploring MF (Milton Freewater for those in the know) and N Fork of Walla Walla River.

I think I'll post a few times to keep my photos sorted... SJR, Steve, and mini head trained Grenache. The work they do to manage this system is mindboggling. But the result in the glass shows why it is worth it.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 183
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 5:09:24 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Much thanks to Pinto, Billo, Scott, and Larry for indulging my hobby run amuck for a tasting on Friday... Only Jay (Sourdough) saw my Riesling Sangio vines in person so I thought I would add a few current shots. I got asked frequently where we are in relation to Walla Walla. The answer is about 150 miles west at the foothills of the Cascades in a fairly different set of geology.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 184
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 5:15:54 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

We stayed in Milton Freewater at a VRBO along the N fork of the W2 River. After our life in the City, we enjoyed getting away to the country. The vineyard behind the no trespassing sign is Christophe Barone's Hors Categorie, just up river from our cabin...

Post #: 185
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 5:21:13 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

The Main event was special. Scott's and Pinto comments about Brad, and the CT family in general, were very touching, and honestly reflect Barb and mine own experience knowing and sharing wine and life with our friends on CellarTracker over the past 9 years (in our case).

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 5/6/2018 5:22:08 PM >

Post #: 186
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 5:26:35 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Our sustenance beside Rasa and wine for the weekend was Andrae's Kitchen in a gas station at corner of 9th and Rose. Sunday is beignet day. We told every one to meet us there at 10, and arrived ourselves at 8 to insure we got our share.

Until next time W2, and hope to see our CT friends again soon... somewhere.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 187
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 6:03:33 PM   
musedir

So well said my friend..

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

Post #: 188
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 10:06:34 PM   
BenNoir

Thanks for all the photos and organizing Chris.
Thanks for initiating this and your thoughtful words Scott.
Thanks to Pinto and Billo for hosting.
Thanks to Steve and Mary from Delmas for their participation.

It was terrific to see so many CT folks, very fun.
The wine everyone brought was amazing.

ben

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 189
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/6/2018 11:22:32 PM   
recotte

Wow, so great to read the comments and see the pictures posted here. It pains me greatly to have missed this, as it’s just that much more evidence of the generosity that is resident in this community.

For my part, I opened up a bottle of the Hommage a' Drycab on Saturday night and raised a glass (or two) in memory of Brad and to join in, if remotely, with the festivities.

I’m glad that everyone had such a great time!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 190
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/7/2018 9:23:31 AM   
fasteddie35

What a fantastic weekend ! We have to add our special " THANKS " to Hollow and Chris, you Guys nailed it ! Billo, Pinto and Larry for hosting us both Friday and Saturday. That 10 year Creative Impulse vertical was killer !!! To Steve, for that incredible Rocks vineyard tour ! Who knew ? And to all the CT Folks who traveled long distances to share their very special wines. I have always said that the CT Group is the most generous wine society. What a ride it was ! Cheers to All, Ed + Barb

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 191
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/7/2018 9:40:01 AM   
mqvn

Awesome photos and report... disappointed that we missed this one, but not surprised that some of our fellow Pacific Northwest CTers were such amazing hosts and organizers, as we've come to expect over the years as well.

(in reply to fasteddie35)
Post #: 192
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/7/2018 10:49:01 AM   
hankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: mqvn

Awesome photos and report... disappointed that we missed this one, but not surprised that some of our fellow Pacific Northwest CTers were such amazing hosts and organizers, as we've come to expect over the years as well.

Thanks very much Mike, but I have to say I did very little.

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to mqvn)
Post #: 193
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/8/2018 8:42:10 AM   
bretrooks

Great notes, great pictures, sounds like a wonderful weekend... Good things happen when CTers get together :)

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 194
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/8/2018 8:44:49 AM   
Slye

Yes, thanks in particular for the great tasting notes. I am sorry I was unable to make it this year -- perhaps the next one? Kudos to all of those who organized and donated amazing wine and good cheer.

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 195
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/8/2018 11:24:16 PM   
Hollowine

It was an amazing three days meeting people known by their handles on CT, and a few I'd never even heard of. Some (mclancy and MC2wines) I'd wanted to meet for many years and we did it pretty right the first two nights. Chris, thanks for jumping in and lending a hand when I called out for help, well done.

Thank you for the kind words on my long speech. I spent the last few days wondering if I was a babbling idiot for that many minutes, but Mark was kind enough to send me a video of me talking and I got out most of what I planned to say. (apparently what I didn't verbalize I communicated in a spastic form of sign-language...damn my hands were busy/nervous)

Lesley had a great time, and we did do it right.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 196
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/13/2018 5:52:28 AM   
smahk

Thanks to Scott for organizing and planning a wonderful weekend. It was nice to meet so many "virtual friends".

Shout out to Pinto and Billo for their generosity and hospitality.

This was my first trip to Walla Walla (and Portland, Gorge, Willamette) and I had a fantastic time drinking, eating, hiking, socializing and meeting so many CTers.

Until the next offline....

Cin Cin!

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 197
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/13/2018 1:20:17 PM   
Sourdough

Finally back home and under control! Ditto what smahk said. Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

I really appreciate Hollowine and Chris's efforts to put together the events. And to Hollowine, Pinto, Billo, and Steve for making the wine possible. And to all who came and added faces to this virtual landscape. Future glasses from the CT collection will have extra significance!

Salud!
Jay

(in reply to smahk)
Post #: 198
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/14/2018 3:50:11 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

Chris: like your labels. See you have the goat logo I worked up for you. Also like that you didn't go the Helvetica route.

The "peak" on the labels is a nice touch.

Cheers!

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Post #: 199
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/14/2018 4:27:41 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

Chris: like your labels. See you have the goat logo I worked up for you. Also like that you didn't go the Helvetica route.

The "peak" on the labels is a nice touch.

Cheers!

Thank you Phil! The goat logo art was a winner and my son-in-law "fixed" my overall label layout. One thing you may not be able to tell but on Syrah and Sangio labels (which we did 300+ runs of) your goat is now embossed, with the white parts raised and shading flat. That was done by the printer, Trysk, out of Seattle but they may be elsewhere too. I feel like I have been struggling with label design for 5-6 years (along with cork and top seal decisions) and hope we're close to somewhere we can stay for a while. If I don't change my mind again, the corks will be Diam type agglomerate cork and seal will be a dot of white wax on top.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 200
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 5/15/2018 8:21:10 PM   
PinotPhile

Thanks to all who posted photos and info about the event. Chris, Goat Rocks continues to rock!

Nice way for those of us who bought the DryCab wines to get a sense of the events. Keep it coming if you would.

Here's to Pinto and

Here's to Brad!

PP

Post #: 201
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI