• The last of nine bottles, I've chased this since release every time it shows up on wb.c or elsewhere. A great wine comes to the end of its run. This remains, after many years on Mike's list, my single favorite zin he's ever produced. (Some have been close.) This bottle is just beginning to fade, and lose its Pet oriented structure. Still outstanding however, with huge, fat, almost cab-like notes of red and black fruit with deliciously granular tannins fading to the background. Mike, if you're reading this, go for the high Pet formula at Dry Creek again when the vintage permits. This wine is a revelation, thank you for the great run. Drink up, and enjoy!

• I know, I know - 95 pts for a Zinfandel. True tho. This is Mike Officer's best Zin to date, IMHO. My 8th bottle of this elixir since this was released. Wafting, hugely expressive nose of pure, freshly made raspberry jam. Palate clear and incisive - not at all cloying or syrupy in the least, yet tremendously primary fruit-filled, in the best way. Red fruits galore. The most accurate descriptor I can come up with is "Pure." This is clear, bright, detailed, very balanced with its quite adequate acidity, and super long. Medium bodied, integrated, and - yep - pure pleasure. Hugely delicious. Perfect with middle eastern marinated sirloin kebobs and tahini sauce. It was this bottling that has led me to more patience with Mike's Zins, for which, so far, I have been greatly rewarded and grateful. Brilliant! This bottle at a perfect crescendoed peak. Drink now and enjoy!

• Sappy, deep and delicious. Couldn't ask for more. Complex, hedonistic, balanced, long, and at an elevated peak. Kudos Mike! Drink up now for max pleasure.

• I wanted to try this again soon after the last bottle, which was declining. This bottle well stored and spectacular, but also a bit tired at the end. Explosive, focused, brambly red fruited nose, with whiffs of vanillin and sweet white flowers. Raspberry compote, grapesickle, earthy, sweet and sour fruit, briney, metallic, laserlike palate. Velvety mouthfeel. Plush, yet still detailed. Plenty of alcohol, oak, fruit - this is big time new world and very much still in the pocket, but starting to fall down at the hour mark. Drink up and enjoy! This, for me, absolutely confirms Mike's drinking window.

• Red fruited profile. Phenomenal two years ago, excellent last year, this is now lacking focus, on both nose and palate. This bottle is on the downhill slide, and wish I hadn't waited this long. I do like Mike's single vineyard offerings with some age and complexity, but this is too much on the loganberry syrup side of things. My first Carlisle Zin to be this limpid, it gives me some aging parameters. And I doubted his website's drinking windows because why?
    Better the second night, with more focus and and structure. Still on the downhill slide from previous bottles though.