1. csiddens

2. Edclr

3. Floyd77

• Bottle #11, looks like I will get to a case--first time on any wine I have followed and TN'd through CT. Lots of JB, for sure. Opened this one last night to try and find something suitable for the Prez debate #2. The best part is the debate is done but the wine was plenty leftover from last night. Been open for 24 hours and allowed to slow ox for that time. Maybe a slight bricking of brown at the very edges, very minimal. Floral tones, red and black fruit, tar, creosote, light espresso. Sitting more with the glass, I could find some light olive shading the finish, too. Intense finish of dark, black raz and black cherry, and some push of tarry, bitter chocolate bar, just enough to give the fruit a richer quality that is James Berry. Finally, as it warmed all the way, there is still some tannin and support that remains so while the wine is continuing to cruise, to soften and mellow as it approaches 10 years of age, it's alive and plenty flavorful. I have one 750 left, which I'll target for 2018. The remaining 3L I still have may make it's way into a big party in the next 18 months, too. Such a great wine, and one I will always appreciate.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• FM III from 12/2015, captures the notes on this better than I ever might. I would humbly add this - this wine has settled down in a remarkable way. Very aromatic. On the palate, some might say this has lost its backbone. For my tastes, this wine is largely resolved. Plush, smooth. At peak, or maybe just past it. Either way, while I really like this, I don't see this getting better. I guess I've got a few of these left....planning to drink the others soon.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (6)

• Started out great with nice acidity and mixed dark red fruit that came across fresh and lively. Turned monolithic and more oak forward with time in the glass (2+ hours). Good but I was expecting more.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Love these cool climate syrah's. Nice acidity on top of bright fruit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Disappointed in this bottle; it didn't come together in an appealing blend for me and didn't improve much overnight.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• By Josh Raynolds
    May/June 2009, IWC Issue #144, (See more on Vinous...)

(Copain Wine Cellars Syrah James Berry Vineyard Paso Robles) Subscribe to see review text.