1. Cristal2000

2. Yack Man

Yack Man

3. joshabramson

joshabramson

• Popped, decanted and poured. Needs about 20-30 minutes to peak but opens noticeably in 5-10.

• A little closed down with very grippy tannins. You can taste the potential for those big scores, but it's not there right now. Complex nose with great feel on the palate, this just needs time to develop.

• Corked

• Had this wine when it was first bottled at the winery and thought it was outstanding so I bought two cases. Later I learnt RP gave it 98, which surprised me as we have different tastes.

At this point this wine is drinking beautifully as a pop and pour (craving) although it improves with aeration. I get both youthful favors (red fruit, pomegranate seeds, tight tannins in the finish) and mature favors (forest floor, cigar leaf) amid the base of dark fruits, some wet stone, oak and crushed limestone.

I feel like this wine won't really drink well all the way until 2030, but boy it sure drinks well now.

• A classic, elegant expression for 2010. Dark color of dark purple amethyst, substantial legs, firm and structured with elegance, finesse, and smooth tannins. Not overly flush or a big fruit driven cab, but medium to full bodied and drink well now, but destine to improve with bottle time. This is a cab that in not necessarily my preference, but I like this Cab and I can appreciate the high scores that this wine gets on CT and from the noted wine critics. Parker and Galloni give this Cab 98 points and The Wine Spectator gives it a score of 92 Points. Where I typically would be more inline with Parker view, I agree more with Wine Spectator on this one. I like this wine and it will be fascinating to experience the evolvement of this 2010 Forman as I have a few bottles of this wine on my wine rack to enjoy over the years.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    May/June 2013, IWC Issue #168, (See more on Vinous...)

(Forman Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Antonio Galloni
    2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: An Epic Vintage (Dec 2012), (See more on Vinous...)

(Ric Forman Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Stephen Tanzer
    May/June 2012, IWC Issue #162, (See more on Vinous...)

(Forman Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Antonio Galloni
    New Releases from Napa Valley (Dec 2011), (See more on Vinous...)

(Forman Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena) Subscribe to see review text.